ARIN Services

Justin W. Newton justin at gid.net
Wed Apr 15 18:03:41 UTC 1998

So are we to now assume that whois is no longer a critical resource?
Here's hoping that there aren't any network problems during those 4 hours
where we actually need to be able to track the problem back to its original
source.

I'd really like to know why this is occuring, why there isn't going to be
an offiste backup in place since this is a planned outage, or better yet,
why there isn't a permanent offsite backup facility.

Justin "Just a paying member" Newton

At 01:39 PM 4/15/98 -0400, Kim Hubbard wrote:

> ARIN's external services will be unavailable due to routine maintenance on
> Sunday April 19, 1998 from 12 noon through 4pm US/EDT.  This means there
> will be no access to
>         ftp.arin.net
>         www.arin.net
>         whois.arin.net
> during this time frame.   All services will be restored as early as
> possible.  Questions or concerns should be addressed to <noc at arin.net>.
>
>                                         -Anne Louise Gockel
>                                         ARIN Technical Support
> --