SMURF amplifier block list

John Hawkinson jhawk at bbnplanet.com
Tue Apr 14 23:04:47 UTC 1998

> What bullshit. Am I hearing people advocating deliberately breaking
> perfectly valid addresses in order to not have to tax our poor brains
> for a proper solution?

Assuming that the loudest voices on NANOG represent concensus or majority
or any such thing is probably a really poor plan.

Many of the noisiest people on the list are the least knowledgeable.

I would imagine that most sane people on the list are ignoring this
particular discussion, given the unlikelyhood of it producing anything
useful.

I don't think there's any danger of any serious fraction of the Internet
filtering out .255-addresses.

--jhawk