SMURF amplifier block list

Chris Liljenstolpe cds at wwsi.com
Mon Apr 13 06:56:18 UTC 1998

Greetings,

     I was just thinking the same thing.  In general, I hate (as I'm sure
everyone else here does as well) cutting connectivity, but this appears to
be the only way to fix the problem.  The RBL (or something architected like
it) would be a very clean way of doing it....

     Chris

--On Sunday, 12 April, 1998, 00:54 -0400 "Jon Lewis"
<jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Sean M. Doran wrote:
>
>> And consequently increases the liklihood that more networks
>> will refuse traffic to or from these networks, which in turn
>> increases the pressure on these sites to wonder what is happening
>> to their connectivity and how to repair it.   Which may just solve
>> the problem.
>>
>> This is a monumental admission: I think Karl is doing the right thing.
>
> Would the vix people have any interest in just adding "being a smurf amp"
> to the possible causes for entry in the BGP version of RBL?  That way, it
> would be harder for the smurf d00dz to get up to date lists.
>
> I suggested this sort of thing a while ago, but don't currently have time
> to implement it.  The vix people already have everything in place.

>  Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  http://noagent.com/?jl1 for cheap
>  Network Administrator       |  life insurance over the net.
>  Florida Digital Turnpike    |
> ______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key____

CChris Liljenstolpe   -   Principal Engineer   -    worldwide solutions,
Inc.
Currently under contract to the US Antarctic Prog.,  McMurdo Stn. Antarctica
mailto:cds at wwsi.com http://www.wwsi.com  TEL(303)-581-0800 FAX(303)-530-0191
worldwide solutions, Inc.  Ste 100, 4450 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder CO, 80303 USA