SMURF amplifier block list

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sun Apr 12 04:54:27 UTC 1998

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Sean M. Doran wrote:

> And consequently increases the liklihood that more networks
> will refuse traffic to or from these networks, which in turn
> increases the pressure on these sites to wonder what is happening
> to their connectivity and how to repair it.   Which may just solve
> the problem.
>
> This is a monumental admission: I think Karl is doing the right thing.

Would the vix people have any interest in just adding "being a smurf amp"
to the possible causes for entry in the BGP version of RBL?  That way, it
would be harder for the smurf d00dz to get up to date lists.

I suggested this sort of thing a while ago, but don't currently have time
to implement it.  The vix people already have everything in place.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  http://noagent.com/?jl1 for cheap
 Network Administrator       |  life insurance over the net.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |