AS8584 taking over the internet

Hank Nussbacher hank at ibm.net.il
Thu Apr 9 22:31:31 UTC 1998

At 08:36 AM 4/9/98 +0100, philip bridge wrote:
>Cengiz,
>
>That is of course laudible. But the point has to be made that AS8584 is in
>Israel. In an environment when a small ISP in a small country can cause a
>lot of damage to the global Internet, a way has to be found to efficiently
>propogate this knowledge far and wide.

Long before everyone woke up and found this I was on the phone with them -
discovering that they were doing some nasty redistributes and didn't quite
understand.  There are thousands of ISPs in the world - some even more
clueless  than Barak.  If you are an upstream ISP and talk BGP to someone
downstream and don't filter - then you are to blame.  AS4000 (among others)-
which is Barak's upstream should have known better.

-Hank