Operational issue: Packet loss at Pacbell NAP

Jason L. Weisberger jweis at softaware.com
Wed Apr 1 19:22:12 UTC 1998

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Ellis, Stephen C (PTSS-scellis) wrote:

> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:49:02 -0800
> From: "Ellis, Stephen C (PTSS-scellis)" <SCELLIS at msg.pacbell.com>
> We've identified the facts that occured in this particular situation.
> The problem was definitely **not** due to link congestion as we have
> stats on the utilization of the OC3s.  The rerouting which occured as a
> result of this problem has been corrected.
>
> We continue to monitor our OC3 links for any further problems.  If you
> identify any additional issues, please feel free to submit a trouble
> ticket with our Network Data Center at 1-800-870-9007.

Um, Steve? Can you share what the problem, after all the facts were
identified, was? And does the routing changes that were made having been
corrected imply the state of >10% packetloss will be recurring now?

jlw

--
Jason Weisberger
Chief of Network Operations

"You may be whatever you resolve to be."
-Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson