Traffic Engineering

pkavi at pcmail.casc.com pkavi at pcmail.casc.com
Wed Sep 17 20:33:06 UTC 1997

     Good point re the changing patterns over time.  Traffic engineering is
     not a one time activity, but something you should expect to do once a
     quarter.  Measurement, trendline analysis, projections, and verifying
     the accuracy of the projections, and determining the reasons for
     inaccurate projections are all important parts of the process.  In
     this way, traffic engineering is akin to writing a company's business
     plan--a dynamically changing document that helps you make decisions,
     rather than set in stone and oblivious to the outside world.

     Prabhu