ATM (was Re: too many routes)

Michael Dillon michael at priori.net
Fri Sep 12 19:11:18 UTC 1997

>Again, Sean will have to identify pst, but tli is Tony Li of Juniper
>formerly of Cisco and 10.2-viktor is one of many IOS versions. I suppose
>most people realize that ICM-DC is ICM in Washington DC and RENATER is a
>large network in France.

So far three people have informed me that pst is Paul S. Traina currently
with Shockwave.

>>Oh that and helping beat on CEF/DFIB packet-by-packet load
>>balancing before my last retirement.
>
>Once again, I'm at a loss as to what CEF/DFIB stands for.

And a couple of replies on this one... here's the OFRV employee version:

CEF (Cisco Express Forwarding) is the marketing name of what
we originally called FIB (Forwarding Information Base, where
the FIB is initially completely populated, instead of traffic-
driven cached). The dCEF/dFIB reference is where the FIB is
pushed onto the VIP (Versatile Interface Processor) cards,
otherwise known as the linecards.

Michael Dillon                    voice: +1-650-482-2840
Senior Systems Architect            fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."