not rewriting next-hop, pointing default, ...

Scott Huddle huddle at mci.net
Thu Sep 11 20:43:59 UTC 1997

This is yet another problem/opportunity, in that providers want/need
to implement policies (such as no default, or only accept traffic
from the following ASs, or only accept traffic for the following ASs,
or consistent announcement) that are are difficult to enforce and/or
automatically measure/detect with today's technology.

Router/switch vendors and potential interconnect providers take note!

-scott

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote