gated.conf

Joe Shaw jshaw at insync.net
Tue Sep 9 23:02:57 UTC 1997

Ok, thanks to all the people who helped me out with my gated.conf
problems.  Although not exactly what I needed to know at the time, it did
teach me a lot about what I was trying to do, and the rest came a little
easier.  One problem I'm having, is I've got several regular expression
statemenst I'm trying to use to filter my routes to one of my upstream
carriers.  I had a t1 to this upstream to test out how much we liked their
network, and now we're moving up to oc-3 to them.  What we've done is
purchased a GRF for this link, and run the ATM into it.  I'd like to
duplicate the as-path access-list for the oc-3.  The Cisco config
follows.

ip as-path access-list 31 deny _3831_
ip as-path access-list 31 deny _701_
ip as-path access-list 31 deny _114_
ip as-path access-list 31 deny _6302_
ip as-path access-list 31 deny ^4259 .*
ip as-path access-list 31 deny ^3817 .*
ip as-path access-list 31 permit .*

These do the job on my network, and I'm happy with them.
On the GRF, I've done this to try and duplicate them:

export proto bgp as 3831 {
        proto bgp aspath 3831 origin any
        {
        all restrict;
        };
        proto bgp aspath 701 origin any
        {
        all restrict:
        };
        proto bgp aspath 6302 origin any
        {
        all restrict:
        };
        proto bgp aspath 4259 .* origin any
        {
        all restrict;
        };
        proto bgp aspath 3817 .* origin any
        {
        all restrict;
        };
        proto bgp aspath .* origin any
        {
        all
        };
};

Could someone please explain to me why this doesn't work?  I'm at wits
end.  For some reason, I've gotten no response from the gated mailing
list, and I really haven't had the time till now to check why.  Any help
would definitely be appreciated.

Joe Shaw - jshaw at insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
#!/usr/bin/perl
# Standard Disclaimer to keep Joe from getting in trouble again.
print ("                   ***Disclaimer***\n");
print (" The opinions of Joe Shaw are not necessarily those of Insync\n");
print (" Internet Services or of any of it's other employees.  If you\n");
print (" wish to quote me on anything, please feel free, but remove\n");
print (" Insync's name from it.\n");
"Learn more, and you will never starve." - Paraphrase of Lee