Trans-Atlantic Traffic

poole at eunet.ch poole at eunet.ch
Tue Sep 9 10:26:08 UTC 1997

Dave

I wanted to comment on this thread before, but thought
better of it :-/.

The problem is that there were various different levels of
cooperation between eBone and EUnet over the years, with
various small or not so small "differences" inbetween, which
in the end lead to the total split of both organisations.

Depending about which events are being discussed, the
perspective may change (from "kicked out" to "left").
I for one, clearly always supported our own independent
strategy and future, and clearly this was correct :-).

Simon

PS: In any case Pipex was still an eBone customer long after
    we had left.