Annoying Ascend GRF thread

Joe Shaw jshaw at insync.net
Mon Sep 8 14:11:56 UTC 1997

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> It's about as "operational" as any thread on NANOG ever gets. Let's go
> with it.
>
> Peter

On that note, I've got my GRF up and running and doing BGP with my
upstream.  Right now it's just IBGP, and I'm not propogating it to the
rest of my routers on the network, so the connection isn't up fully.  One
thing I've not been able to do yet is get the aspath stuff working.  I've
got what I consider to be regular expressions that should do it (this is a
duplicate of a link I already have going into my cisco) but I have no idea
where to place it in the gated.conf file, and the statement I have causes
gated to groan and not load on gdc reconfig.  If anyone has any insight
into this that might be able to help me, I'd be most appreciative.
Answers are encouraged off list if possible.  This message is also being
sent to the gated mailing list, if I've finally got a reply back from
their listserv.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - jshaw at insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
"Learn more, and you will never starve." - Paraphrase of Lee