Spammer Bust

Steve Mansfield steve at nwnet.net
Sat Sep 6 04:21:56 UTC 1997

I'll just make this one comment, as I think this whole thread is probably
off-topic, but this tactic has been used for quite some time by spammers.
Even if they aren't using a version with the bogus timestamp, following the
headers down, the forged line becomes obvious when you realise that the psi
host never received it from bothere.net, plus there *is* no bothere.net.

For further information on this topic, I would suggest either the spam-l
mailing list, or send mail to spam-request at zorch.sf-bay.org.  Many of these
issues have long been hashed, and current topics on the spam problem are
more properly discussed on one of those lists.

Steve Mansfield				 steve at nwnet.net
NorthWestNet Network Engineer	         425-649-7467