FYA

Scot Anderson scot at ssmg.com
Fri Sep 5 00:43:14 UTC 1997

Actually, I think that they don't cut off that hand right away.  They
start with a finger.  Then a hand on subsequent offenses.  Turns out
there's a bunch of folks missing a finger, very few actually missing
a hand.

Interesting.

[SMTP:paul at vix.com]
>>wrote:
>>> Have a look at <URL: http://www.config.com/apology/public/spam/>
first.

>>I think we should bring back castration/mastectomy as a means of
punishment
>>for those who spam.
>
>Works for me!
>
>In Islamic countries, I believe that the standard punishment for
stealing
>is to have your hands cut off.  This is both a punishment _and_ a
way of
>preventing repeat offenses.  With regard to either goal, I believe
it is
>most effective.
>
>My own feeling is that a similar sort of combination should be used
in
>the case of spammers, i.e. they should be punished by being banned
entirely
>from the net for a period of from 2 to 10 years, depending upon the
severity
>of the offense.
>
>>Just an opinion after the 34th copy of this ARE YOU BEING
INVESTIGATED spam
>>has hit my box.
>
>Yes.  In that guy's case, I would make an exception and cut off his
nuts
>(if he has any).  I have gotten a bunch of his crap too.
>
>-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub
Technologies, Inc.
>-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-
scrub.com/deadbolt/