FYA

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at monkeys.com
Thu Sep 4 23:06:07 UTC 1997

In message <199709042044.NAA32211 at wisdom.rc.vix.com>, you wrote:

> [...]

Works for me!

In Islamic countries, I believe that the standard punishment for stealing
is to have your hands cut off.  This is both a punishment _and_ a way of
preventing repeat offenses.  With regard to either goal, I believe it is
most effective.

My own feeling is that a similar sort of combination should be used in
the case of spammers, i.e. they should be punished by being banned entirely
from the net for a period of from 2 to 10 years, depending upon the severity
of the offense.

>Just an opinion after the 34th copy of this ARE YOU BEING INVESTIGATED spam
>has hit my box.

Yes.  In that guy's case, I would make an exception and cut off his nuts
(if he has any).  I have gotten a bunch of his crap too.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) demo: http://monkeys.com/cgi-bin/wpoison