FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls

Rick Horowitz/Vice-President admin at psnw.com
Thu Sep 4 17:06:27 UTC 1997

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Selina F. Priestley wrote:

> How can we trace criminals/spam artists/hackers easily and hand them over to
> the feds w/o handing over our rights as well?
>
> If we don't have any answers to these questions, and plans for getting there,
> then we might as well quit our bitching.

Why?  Since when did it become a requirement that to protect our rights,
we had to solve law enforcement problems?

Rick Horowitz
Network Administrator
ProtoSource Network             A Division of ProtoSource Corporation
Voice: (209) 490-8600 or (800) 426-8638        2300 Tulare, Suite 210
Fax: (209) 490-8630                            Fresno, CA  93721-2226
Data: Call us for your local access number!       http://www.psnw.com