FBI calls for mandatory key escrow; Denning on export ctrls

Phil Howard phil at charon.milepost.com
Thu Sep 4 03:10:07 UTC 1997

Charles Sprickman wrote...

> > MR. FREEH:
> > We work, as you know, particularly in the
> > pedophile cases, with on-line services who give us,
>
> For God's sake, what is the obsession with pedophiles??  How many
> pedophiles pgp encode their porn??
>
> What a sad state.
>
> I would have at least been amused by an original argument, but to pull out
> the pedophile trump-card...  Someone's desperate.

This is a typical move to try to gather support from otherwise unrelated
and/or uninterested groups.  If the government wanted to start putting
pedophiles in jail on a mass basis, all they have to do ... well we all
know exactly what they can do and how easy it is.

--
Linux Consultant     |  Linux installation, configuration, administration,   |