Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP Switch?

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Tue Sep 2 13:58:18 UTC 1997

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Rob Skrobola wrote:

> Believe it. Three words: Per prefix policy.. And yes, it does have a
> signifigant effect on time to full reachability of any router.

We do prefix policy filtering on all our routers, and yes it will effect
the time to full reachability of ANY router. What we were talking about
was how long did it take for a GRF to boot up. Someone said it took 10 min
or longer from a cold start for the system boot up. I agreed that the GRF
did take a long time to boot, but that ascend had worked on that and it
boots much faster now.

Nathan Stratton                             President, CTO, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303