Spam Control Considered Harmful

Brian W. Pendleton brian at cais.net
Thu Oct 30 17:20:04 UTC 1997

I agree that spam is a problem but one that the industry can regulate on its
own.  We do not need state or federal legislation to control spam.  If
companies are really worried about it then lets get together and come up
with a common solution.  A solution that is as fair to the ISPs that only
have 100 subscribers up to the UUNets and AOLs of the internet.  I'll get
off my soapbox now.

Brian Pendleton
CAIS Internet