Spam Control Considered Harmful

Dannyman djhoward at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 30 04:43:46 UTC 1997

On Wed, Oct 29, 1997 at 11:40:26PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> A popular, but unfortunately all too untrue fallacy.  Bulk snail-mail
> costs us all on the less tangible side.  Here in Canada our postal
> service would like us to believe that bulk mail subsidises the cost of
> first class mail, but in the opinions of many the savings are hardly
> worth those less tangible costs that might affect us much deeper than
> just our pocket books.

We have the same theory here that it subsidizes first class stuff. I don't
mind it so much, coz it's free paper, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I
recycle or burn it. :)

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward at uiuc.edu    -=-
\\/yori   -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-