Operational: MAE-WEST

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Thu Oct 30 01:46:45 UTC 1997

At 11:37 AM 10/27/97 PST, Dave Rand wrote:
>Despite the (small) improvement last week, apparently achieved by adding
>another FDDI between giga1 and gigis2, MAE-WEST loss continues.
>
>I'm currently seeing up to 40% loss between giga1 and giga2, and about 30%
>between giga2 and giga3.
>
>I've contatacted Steve, but no word back, yet.

Apparently DEC was making some CoolNewSoftware(TM) available today which is
going to solve world hunger as well as packet loss between AMES and MFS.
Anyone official care to comment?

Justin W. Newton                        voice: +1-650-482-2840
Senior Network Architect                  fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                    http://www.priori.net
Legislative and Policy Director, ISP/C   http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."