OK.

Todd R. Stroup tstroup at fibernet.net
Sun Oct 26 16:49:25 UTC 1997

Mark, I would also agree that this is something that you don't want to
deploy on your backbone routers. ;) If you look through the script there
was a place for logging as far as web page commands sent to the
router.  I think when I first looked at the script it was commented
out for some reason.  Output looks like :

www.goodyear.com 134.200.12.60 - - [Sun Oct 26 00:23:41 EDT 1997] trace www.fibernet.net

The cisco command "ip rcmd remote-host usename ipaddr" I belive is to
limit the rsh commands to one particular host/one particular user.
Depending on your security paranoia level I suppose you could make it a
non routable IP.  Every time I have tried from somewhere else on the
network to rsh into the router that isn't in the config I have gotten
"Permission Denied".  I suppose that is good but how much you can trust it
has yet to be determined.

We have one setup here in the lab on a 4700 which is trying to take a
full BGP table on 32 Meg of RAM.  You don't get all the enviro stats but
when it sits four floors down who cares, its just a play toy anyway.  :)

T..S

BTW : Back at ya Mr. Rishaw.