OK.

Mark Tripod mark at exodus.net
Sun Oct 26 03:52:53 UTC 1997

That is not true. You don't need to have a local user configured on the
router in order to use rsh or rcp. It is only needed if you aren't doing
some type of remote authentication like tacacs. I would however suggest
that you avoid rsh family commands on your routers. If you do feel that it
is essential to use them make sure to use tacacs and aaa acounting to log
all command transactions. To not do so is to ask for trouble.

Mark Tripod
Exodus Communications
 ----