Business Opportunity

David Carmean dlc at avtel.net
Fri Oct 24 20:00:46 UTC 1997

On Fri, Oct 24, 1997 at 12:15:35PM -0700, Syed M. Irfan Ashraf wrote:

> > Looks like that remove request worked great...for the spammers.
> >
> > They've now got our number.  I vote to close posting to
> > non-subscribers.
>
> wouldn't that be a problem for subscribers via local exploders ?
> Like I am not subscribe to nanog directly, I get it through a
> local alias.

Yes, I suppose it would.  We'd either have to accept the increased
traffic and the load on Merit's machine, and have only individuals
subscribed (if they want to post), or have a moderator approve
such messages and add the sender's address to the approved-posters
file.

--
David Carmean                                           <dlc at avtel.net>
Avtel Communications, Santa Barbara, CA			+1-805-730-7740

		"Are you now, or have you ever been?"
						--George Lucas, THX-1138