Real statistics (was Re: Possible topic?)

J.D. Falk jdfalk at priori.net
Wed Oct 22 18:42:51 UTC 1997

On Oct 22, Jessica Yu <jyy at ans.net> wrote:

> There is a non-trivial amount of WAN traffic flowing between ISPs' private
> interconnects.  They do not touch NAPs at all.  I wonder if this factor
> is taken into consideration when the 1/3 figure was generated.

	I'd tend to doubt it.  Do you know any way to get flow stats
	from every backbone collected in one place and collated?

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-650-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."