UUNet Routing SNAFU

Danny McPherson danny at genuity.net
Thu Oct 9 01:37:22 UTC 1997

> And since I helped *create* the CA*net database *and* the CA*net route
> filters based on the various DBs, yes, I meant RADB.

How many providers actually apply prefix-based filtering (based on IRR
objects) to other providers?

I like the idea of prefix-based filtering applied to customers (by everyone
that claims to be tier 1 & 2 (&3), at the very least), as well as the idea of
configuring static filters for /19s and such, but if I were to build 46K++
lines of ACLs to filter prefixes from all eBGP peers for all registered
prefixes (from several different registries) .. my routers wouldn't be
manageable.

-danny