UUNet Routing SNAFU

Neil J. McRae neil at domino.org
Wed Oct 8 20:09:02 UTC 1997

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:17:24 -0700
 prue at ISI.EDU wrote:

> This is not good.
>
> The third hand story I got from their hotline was that a core route crashed
> causing other core routers to crash.  This doesn't explain anything to me.
> Are they using Ascend Giga routers in their core?

As someone who uses GRFs I'd like to point out that it must have
been operator/configuration error that caused this and _not_
some bug in Ascend code, don't blame the router as it has
all the filtering capabilities a Cisco has.

Regards,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil at DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)