Denial of service attacks apparently from UUNET Netblocks

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Tue Oct 7 18:54:32 UTC 1997

On Tue, Oct 07, 1997 at 01:03:14AM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> I would not be surprised if the caller's phone number were logged, most
> modern modem banks talk ANIS and DNIS, which if I'm remembering correctly
> is basically caller ID.  I'm thinking of putting this on our POP, as there
> doesn't seem to be an extra charge to get the data from the telco.

ANI.  Actually, it's commonly CNID, which is slightly more useful.

If your calls are delivered over ISDN PRI, it's usually free.  I think
they actually do charge for delivery over normal T-spans, as it takes
extra equipment.  The gear has to log it, though.

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology
Tampa Bay, Florida          conforms."  -- Dr. Don Norman      +1 813 790 7592