Denial of service attacks apparently from UUNET Netblocks

James_deleskie jdeleski at Fox.nstn.ca
Tue Oct 7 13:40:57 UTC 1997

> I would not be surprised if the caller's phone number were logged, most
> modern modem banks talk ANIS and DNIS, which if I'm remembering correctly
> is basically caller ID.  I'm thinking of putting this on our POP, as there
> doesn't seem to be an extra charge to get the data from the telco.

I would have to disagree, in Canada anyway, the telco charges extra for these features, andand while
the modemracks will support it few if any ISP are gonna spend the $$$ for it.
Until of course they are attacked and loose business and then the VP's the cost
of NOT having it.

-Jim