Cisco config generator

Martin Hannigan hannigan at xcom.net
Fri Nov 28 21:51:39 UTC 1997

At 12:12 PM 28-11-97 -0500, Dave Van Allen wrote:
>Happy holidays!
>
>Has anyone found a good way (read program) to manage cisco configs? I
>rolled me own but it's crude at best. I was hoping for some recent tool
>that can handle multiple routers with common ACL's, etc.

My last company purchased NetSys. It's somewhat
of an AI/Intelligent agent tool for managing configs. They are owned
by cisco and have most of the gear intergrated into it. It makes
recommendations, draws maps, etc. etc. Is somewhat useful for
pointing out fat fingers and making performance recommendations.

And since we don't have it here, I simply use RCS.

Regards,

Martin Hannigan                       hannigan at xcom.net
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108
XCOM Technologies, INC.               F:617.500.0002
The leading Carrier for ISP's         http://www.xcom.net