Eugene Kashpureff's Defense Fund

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 27 09:44:59 UTC 1997

Jodi,

jodi wrote:

> Observations :
>
> 1. Is this an organization for Domain Names for registering them and
> maintaining them , and developing global  policy ??

  Depends on who you ask I suppose.  SOme would definatly say it is,
others would say it isn't anything but a takover scam of the DNS system.
SO, I suppose it depends on how you view the gTLD-MoU.

> 2.  If this Person has breached federal telecommunication regulations ? if so
> . then must pay for the crimes as set down in the countries law.!!!!

  Correct!  But only IF Eugene has indeed done that and has been proven
to have
done so in a court of law.

> 3. Defense Fund , if people want to help this person , this should not be
> connected in anyway to this organization or this may be seen around the world
> as an incorrect organization policy !!!!!!!

  I would hope this observation isn't true.  Every man has a right to a
legal defense that is adaquate.  Helpint to provide for that for an
individual is a nobal thing regardless of the considerations or
circumstances.  This is one of the corner stones of Democracy.  It is
calle "The Right to a fair Trial".

> 4. I am confused over the role of the CORE know because of this discussion on
> a issue that doesn't concern the domain registration or GLTD policy
> development.

  Directly it doesn't, I agree.  But indirectly it does, or it does by
the
actions of a few and words of several on both sides of the fence.  It is
terrible that Eugene's situation is now a part of the record, but it
none
the less.

> Yours Sincerely
>
> Brian Burnett
> President
> PacificaNet

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com

Wisdom:   "One who knows others is wise,
           one who knows himself is enlightened."
           Lao Tzu