Eugene Kashpureff's Defense Fund

Bob Allisat tor at wtv.net
Tue Nov 25 10:25:56 UTC 1997

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net) wrote:

>Actually, I do believe he will get a fair trial.  While I'm quite the cynic,
>I don't believe that our justice system is THAT screwed up.
>
>I said at the time that I believed his actions were felonious.  He laughed
>it off.  But the bottom line is that tampering with things like this is like
>tampering with the phone switches that make up the US phone network - its
>not funny, and it is criminal, even if its not done with evil intent.
>
>In this case, it WAS done with malice - Eugene has stated as such.  He has
>said on mailing lists and elsewhere that he was driven by outrage.
>
>Civil disobedience, a category into which this act might fall, always
>includes doing what you're going to do OPENLY and taking the consequences
>without complaint.  If in fact Eugene was trying to make a political
>statement rather than screw with NSI, he certainly hasn't followed those
>basic credos relating to that type of activity.

 He certainly has. Do you think anger
 isn't a very legitimate motivation
 for protest? The guy had been slowly
 working for way too long with no results.
 Nul movement. Minimal support. It seemed
 to be Kashpureff's only alternative to
 act. Something significant others should
 learn to do BTW. Alternic has always been
 mired in an amazing amount of organizational
 lethargy. Maybe This action of Eugene's  will
 break the pattern. But I'm not holding my
 breath on that one.

 It is up to supporters of the New free
 Top Level Domains *not* willing to do the
 trench work to ante up and support their
 own cause. No matter how imperfectly -
 Eugene furthered your cause. Or are you
 all planning to wank out and get bought
 off somewhere along the Benedict Arnold
 line? Sounds like it, eh? I hope not.

 Eugene talked the talk *AND* walked the
 walk. None of you other people have. So
 pay up. Or shut up. Freedom is freedom.
 And it has often has a high price. Pay
 it or lose it. There will be many more
 who may choose to follow Eugene in the
 months and years to come. You who have
 been dragging your heels and delaying
 everything must stop and take up the
 struggle. And it will be a long struggle
 by the look of things among the so-called
 "Alternic" as well as the "CORE" crowds.
 We might have to ditch the whole lot of
 them. A long struggle with ZERO support.

 If that is what lies ahead so be it. If
 people of good will and liberty can see
 to admiting past errors and redoubling
 their efforts *TODAY* so be it. It all
 hangs in the air waiting to be unleashed.

 Don't Tread On Us.

>Eugene Kashpureff's Defense Fund
>
>To Contribute To Eugene Kashpureff's Legal Defense Fund by Wire Transfer:
>
>To:     THE EUGENE KASHPUREFF LEGAL DEFENCE FUND
>C/O:    The ROYAL BANK OF CANADA
>        1 Main Street North
>        BRAMPTON, Ontario L6X 1M8
>        Tel:(905)874-4800 Fax:(905)874-4835 Royal Direct: 1-800-769-2511
>
>        TRANSIT NO: 00482       ACCOUNT NO: 100-274-0
>
>If contributing by check or money order, Please include the Transit and
>Account numbers on the check or money order.
>                                             Thank You!
More info at: <http://httpd.com/press/defense.html>

 TeleVirtually Yours,

 Bob Allisat