Advisory - tunneling of IP at exchange points.

Jeff Swinton jswinton at mci.net
Tue Nov 25 16:44:17 UTC 1997

	Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't you block this with routing
as well?  The attack seems to be based on the fact that your NAP routers have
routes to other NAP LANs.

	Let's say you connect to just MAE-E and MAE-W.  At MAE-E, add a route
for the MAE-W network to null0.  Do the opposite at MAE-W.  While this may
not
work for everyone, is should work for the majority.  It may also be more
pleasant then adding filters to a high speed interface.

Jeff Swinton