Eugene Kashpureff's Defense Fund

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Tue Nov 25 13:27:33 UTC 1997

On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 11:14:28PM -0500, Marc Hurst wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 06:42:35PM -0800, Paul A Vixie wrote:
> > > How much do I have to pay to keep him in jail forever?
> >
> > That was MY question :-)
>
> As much as we all know the guy is not going to get a fair trial, the
> concept of an anti-defence fund is a novel one.
>
> Marc.

Actually, I do believe he will get a fair trial.  While I'm quite the cynic,
I don't believe that our justice system is THAT screwed up.

I said at the time that I believed his actions were felonious.  He laughed
it off.  But the bottom line is that tampering with things like this is like
tampering with the phone switches that make up the US phone network - its
not funny, and it is criminal, even if its not done with evil intent.

In this case, it WAS done with malice - Eugene has stated as such.  He has
said on mailing lists and elsewhere that he was driven by outrage.

Civil disobedience, a category into which this act might fall, always
includes doing what you're going to do OPENLY and taking the consequences
without complaint.  If in fact Eugene was trying to make a political
statement rather than screw with NSI, he certainly hasn't followed those
basic credos relating to that type of activity.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service