Anyone planning to peer with these guys ?

Mark Evans evansm at CERF.NET
Fri Nov 21 12:40:45 UTC 1997

The 5ESS platform is certainly capable of providing ISDN, as it sees the
ISDN services (BRI and PRI) as dial-tone services -- digital dial-tone,
but dial-tone just the same.  (POTS dial-tone is a given for a Class 5
office)

Regards

Mark

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Steve Sobol wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 1997 at 07:20:47PM -0800, Mark Evans wrote:
> > FWIW, In my years in telephony, past and present, I've always known the
> > 5ESS (5E) as a Class Five (end-office) Central Office switch.  The
> > trailing numeric is usually indicative of the 'generic', or software rev.
> > that the switch is operating on.
> >
> > Exclusively voice, too ... although I haven't kept up on the more recent
> > developments that come with the 5ESS-2000 platform/chassis.
>
> Hrm, I have seen it mentioned many times in reference to ISDN lines...?
>
> (or am I thinking of something else?)
>
> --
>   Steve Sobol, Tech Support, New Age Consulting Service, Inc. 216 619-2000
>   sjsobol @ nacs.net      http://www.nacs.net/support (Under Construction)
> 	"The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard."
> 			- A friend of mine on #romance

Mark Evans    Manager, Sales Engineering

           TCG CERFnet, Inc.
          http://www.cerf.net/

v(908)392-3816           evansm at cerf.net