hmm..

Sanjay Dani sanjay at professionals.com
Wed Nov 19 02:26:40 UTC 1997

> > Someone *is* playing with us.
> One likely explanation is that a spammer is reading nanog and is
> showing his/her/its displeasure with the anti-spam tone on this list
> recently.
>
> This sort of revenge is very common among spammers, in my first-hand
> experience. Block a spammer from your site and shortly thereafter
> various malicious things begin happening with disturbing frequency.

Unfortuntely the same can be said about some anti-spammers
today (while there are several honorable exceptions) as I can
testify from an on-going breakin by a juvenile. Feel free
to email me if you want an example or like to help. These
anti-spammer hackers are lower scums than all the spammers
I've encountered. The spammers have never destroyed
information (yet).

And we are not even close to being spammer friendly.

Isn't it always easy to generalize and find scapegoats
instead of treating every case as unique?