Has spam factory dakotacom.net moved from ACSI to Alternet ?

John R Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Nov 17 21:21:30 UTC 1997

I've been receiving buckets of spam from dakotacom.net, as many as 90 per
day.  They've been connected to ACSI for many months.

ACSI has a new anti-spam AUP that went into effect today.  Today I see that
traceroutes to Dakotacom go through Alternet and
medic-net-gw.customer.ALTER.NET.  But the route looks odd, maybe a leak
rather than a new real route.

I don't speak BGP (my multi-homed ISP does that for me), so can anyone see
who's announcing 207.201.204.0/255.255.252.0 ?  ACSI?  Alternet?  Both?

Regards,
John Levine, postmaster at abuse.net, http://www.abuse.net, Trumansburg NY
abuse.net postmaster