Geographic v. topological address allocation

Tony Li tli at juniper.net
Mon Nov 17 19:07:32 UTC 1997

   > An interesting metric might be if the organization's min-cut-set bandwidth
   > is exceeded by its regional access bandwidth.

   This is a brilliant idea, but how do you propose to
   measure the regional access bandwidth, or the even
   more fun task of determining the total bandwidth so that
   you can determine the pro rata share due any arbitrary
   subtree?

I don't propose to measure it.  I assume that the organization has the
wherewithal to track its own circuits.  I know, I know, I'm naive for
living in an altruistic Internet ....

Tony