AGIS Signing up New Spammers

NetSurfer netsurf at pixi.com
Sat Nov 15 21:16:13 UTC 1997

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Phil Lawlor wrote:

> At 05:40 AM 11/10/97 -1000, you wrote:
> >For all their protesting to the contrary, it appears that AGIS is signing
> >up more new spammers and taking no apparent action upon reports sent to
> >them (incl. Lawler) about spamming activity.  So much for Lawler's
> >rhetoric.
> >
> >-James D. Wilson
> >netsurf at pixi.com
>
> I am sorry if someone else from AGIS has already responded on this, but I
> will take a moment to clear his up.
>
> This is completely incorrect.  AGIS' AUP can be found at www.agis.net.  We
> are vigorously enforcing our AUP.  AGIS will not sell connectivity to UCE
> businesses, and have not for some time.  We investigate all complaints
> about AGIS' customers that are sent to abuse at agis.net.  Spammers have been
> terminated, and will continue to be as long as I run this company.

This was originally reported to you and your abuse line privately, with no
response from either.  That was consistent with AGIS response in the past
which did not result in any action or acknowledgement taking place.  It's
hard to tell if anything has changed if you don't acknowledge the report
even if only by autoreply.

-
James D. Wilson
netsurf at pixi.com