Well done Sprint!

Craig A. Huegen chuegen at quadrunner.com
Fri Nov 14 00:47:27 UTC 1997

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Ex-Support Wench wrote:

I thought it has a lot of great potential usage; however, I was dismayed
at how much traffic it generates.

As far as way-alpha goes, it still requires a bit of tuning.  I tried the
first edition, and it constantly reported my 10 Mbit ethernet as an 83
Mbit cable.  While I like the idea that my network equipment might be able
to suck the bits right out of the machine, making them move faster, I
noticed it needed some accuracy adjustments.

(Note: The shortly-thereafter-released second version did fix that and
brought the bandwidths down.)

/cah

==>What do y'all think of pathchar *as it is now*?  How reliable is it for
==>determining actual _available bandwidth_?  I thought according to VJ,
==>CAIDA, Cisco and even the NSF it was "way-alpha"?
==>