ACSI policy and performance impressesions requested

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Wed Nov 12 04:52:22 UTC 1997

At 09:53 AM 11/11/97 -0600, Eric Wieling wrote:

>Also, does anyone have any experience with the performance of their
>network?  I was trying to test our connection to them and it was
>horribly, horribly slow.  Accessing www.yahoo.com, for example, took
>nearly 5 mins for the page to load.  Accessing the same page via our
>SprintLink connection took all of 5 seconds.  I suspect it was
>something on our network, but I wanted to get the impressions of
>other people regarding their performance.

You can see uu.net, priori.net and acsi.net compared at
<http://noc.texoma.net/mrtg> if you believe the proof is in the pudding
`[8-))  tucows.texoma.net is still on uu.net IP space as of this time.

Of course, one of the reasons is that Mr. Madison hasn't responded to
requests for BGP announcement changes in the last two weeks and, indeed,
has been making no visible announcements since last week.

My recommendation - switch to priori.net, the folks I know and trust.

Anyone have a soft landing spot when we get kicked out of ACSI colo in Las
Colinas?