ACSI policy and performance impressesions requested

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Nov 11 18:29:12 UTC 1997

>Has anyone here dealt with ACSI? They call themselves a "backbone"
>provider.

ACSI has a horrendous spam problem due to Dakotacom and a few other
leased line spam factories.  Now that AGIS appears slowly to be
cleaning up their act, ACSI is poised to become the NSP that everyone
hates and filters out.  I am trying to get in touch with people there
who can do something about it, and I have no reason yet to believe
that they're anything other than underinformed, but the spam problem
is very real and very well known.  See my spam summary page
http://www.abuse.net/ACSI-report.html to see what they've sent lately
to addresses on my tiny home network.

Until they get that problem under control, I would be very cautious
about depending on them for connections to the rest of the net.

Regards,
John Levine, postmaster at abuse.net, http://www.abuse.net, Trumansburg NY
abuse.net postmaster