MCI Accepts Worldcom's Bid? ; charset=us-ascii

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Nov 10 22:59:40 UTC 1997

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Gary Zimmerman wrote:

> This would mean that Worldcom has a very large percentage of the
> Internet traffic.  Does everyone think they will let this go through,
> without breaking out the Internet part of the deal?  What about selling
> the InternetMCI portion off to someone to keep a balance of carriers of
> the Internet traffic and not let it be controlled by one company?   I
> can think of few companies that could buy the InternetMCI portion, but
> do they want in the game?  I would think a few of them are forward
> thinking enough to know what that could mean.  So, who will start the
> biding, anyone with 4 or 5 billion, laying around?  Several....

It will go through, many of us have talked to DOJ to try to get them to
not let something like this go through, but I dont think they will stop
it. It is ok, I think it will be easier for me to build a backbone
provider if they are one company. If they sell it off, I need to watch
Worldcom and internetMCI if they are one, I just need to watch Worldcom.

-Nathan