Spamming?

Chase Giles chaseg at myriad.net
Mon Nov 10 20:04:40 UTC 1997

Mr. Falk,

That mail server does not send out mail directly...it only forwards to our customers that have requested that their mail be forwarded to another of their accounts.  If one of the users at pacific.net.ph is receiving spam to an address that he has forwarded through us, this would account for the high SMTP activity, but there is not anyone allowed to actually send from nf2.netforward.com (204.57.67.146).  We are also running EShield, an ISP side antiSPAM program that does not allow forwarding or accept mail from outside our system on a relay..this pretty much rules out relay activity.  I would have to say that my first assumption is the case, but I am not certain.  What I can do is assure you that there is not any spamming or mail bombing coming from within our domains or being relayed through our domains.  If there is anything else I can assist with, please feel free to contact me at the address below.

Regards,

CG

Chase Giles                 chaseg at myriad.net
Network Administrator