IPv8 < IPv6

Alan Hannan hannan at bythetrees.com
Thu Nov 6 21:35:01 UTC 1997

  Paul,

  We agree on all but this small point.  Certainly one should
  allocate ip address space in a topological manner.  However, I
  know of several large NSP/ISPs that don't because there's no
  [technological or economic] punitive incentive for them to do so.

  I believe that the correlation between topology and geography will
  increase as a function of time.

  In fact, I believe that today the correlation is quite high.

  The lack of correlation is the exception, in my experience, than
  the rule.

  -alan

Quoting Paul Ferguson (ferguson at cisco.com):