IPv8 < IPv6

Richard Irving rirving at onecall.net
Thu Nov 6 21:21:05 UTC 1997

Paul Ferguson wrote:

> At 02:19 PM 11/6/97 -0500, Alan Hannan wrote:
>

> >  Accordingly, not allocating in a geographic fashion lends to
> >  deaggregation, which is bad.
> >

> Correction: Not allocating in a topological fashion lends to
> deaggregation. Geography often has nothing to do with it.
>
> - paul

   Paul,

     We are talking the *world* here, geography is actually important,
as well as topology.
It is a combination of geography *in conjunction* with topology.

   I have a neighbor that is only about 2 miles away, however, a trace
runs to chicago
and back. On the other hand, I have a neighbor, where the next hop is
phoenix.....

  It takes a synergistic build , using *both* these metrics.

   My two cents...

   PS. Keep the change. ;)