Ascend GRF

Martin Hannigan hannigan at xcom.net
Thu Nov 6 19:59:23 UTC 1997

At 04:00 PM 06-11-97 +0000, you wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:44:33 -0600 (CST)
> Joe Shaw <jshaw at insync.net> wrote:

>> After we let it run for a while, we noticed the GateD daemon would just
>> die at weird times with no error messages.  So, we tried changing the
>> config,
>
>I don't believe this at all. One good thing about gated is that it has
>loads of logging features.

[ snip ]

I can confirm both. We had *exactly* the same issue with the
GRF. Random ethernet resets on the rmb <-> eip with no explanation
'cept a release of new code. Ascend had told me something about
intergap delay problems with the Cajun.

Regards,

Martin Hannigan                       hannigan at xcom.net
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108
XCOM Technologies                     F:617.500.0002
Cambridge, MA                         http://www.xcom.net