moving to IPv6

Jerry Scharf scharf at vix.com
Sat Nov 1 20:34:09 UTC 1997

> if global name to 'address' resolution is desired, then the directory
> mechanism protocols, currently dns, need to be translated at address
> and/or name domain boundaries.  some nats currently do this.

You opened it, so I can't resist. What happens to Secure DNS in this case? The
whole idea of "tracable to the root" signing goes out the window in this case.

> are there other protocols/data which *must* be translated at boundaries?
> should kink such as cuseeme be left to die?

(Rotting in steaming piles on the shoulder of the information superhighway?)

I think these protocols will need to be fixed or only run in limited areas of
the Internet.

> randy

jerry