Boy are we off-topic...was Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Sat Nov 1 22:54:14 UTC 1997

[ On Sat, November 1, 1997 at 17:20:17 (-0500), Jay R. Ashworth wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Boy are we off-topic...was Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 1997 at 10:49:35AM -0500, Jon Lewis wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps netop-spam...a spam discussion list for network operators?  If it
> > doesn't already exist, I'll be happy to create it.
>
> As noted previously, this _is_ on topic for nodlist at nodewarrior.net.

I don't think anyone really wants to subscribe to yet another list, or
at least I don't, not without previewing it for a while and that's
rather hard to do if there's no browsable archives or something.  It's
really too bad Usenet has more or less gone to the dogs....  Once upon a
long time ago I had hoped most mailing lists would go the way of the
wind and everyone would use Usenet for mulit-party discussion.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>