Building a moderated nanog (was Re: hm..)

Martin Hannigan hannigan at xcom.net
Tue Nov 18 23:45:38 UTC 1997

At 11:06 AM 18-11-97 -0800, Henry Linneweh wrote:
>Actually this list has been really good compared to some others. I think
someone
>is
>doing this on purpose to limit the list and basically destroy the good
>communications
>that develop here. I generally lurk and learn more than stating my opinion
and
>would not be to happy with the demise of the list...

Obviously, the list is/was being attacked. Some of the names
here are obvious targets for the pro-spammers, booted customers,
etc.

I'd prefer a moderated list, but only in the sense that you have
to be a list member in order to send email hence spam elimination
is pretty much done and said unless someone on the list spams
the list.

Regards,

Martin Hannigan                       hannigan at xcom.net
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108
XCOM Technologies                     F:617.500.0002
Cambridge, MA                         http://www.xcom.net